Back in April 2016, AIRDAT made 10 promises to Luton Airport and its community (https://airdat.wpengine.com/news#Article43) focussed around improving the quality and experience of booking and attending airside training. So, how did we do?
- Enhance training materials – All training materials have been re-written and fully re-designed. Far clearer and more engaging, they now Include live action video and 3D models that help communicate out subject matter, all orchestrated by highly experienced trainers.
- Decrease the number of candidates attending each course – When we took over, training was delivered using a coach, with up to 18 people attending. We have reduced course size down to 12, allowing for more 1 on 1 time and a more comfortable training environment.
- Increase the number of available dates – Previously, training was once a week. With our full-time resource, we tailor supply to demand, training every day of the week as the summer training schedule approaches. This ensures stakeholders have the choice they need and training does not delay a candidate being operationally ready.
- Online testing with every session – Previously, testing was performed on paper. Using the AIRDAT Passport system, and a bank of brand new touchscreen Chromebooks, we provide a unique test for every person, with photos, video and language support, all stored and auditable.
- A new vehicle – For our sessions, we use a new, dedicated, air-conditioned training vehicle increasing comfort for participants.
- Produce and distribute ADP permits the same day – Using our secure card printing systems, we generate and distribute permits on the same day training is completed, removing the need to attend the ID centre separately.
- Provide 24hr online booking/reporting and management system – Access to the AIRDAT Passport System has been provided to all stakeholders, allowing them to manage bookings, training, eLearning, retraining, reporting and more – as well as maintain 100% compliance.
- Delivery of training through both e-Learning and onsite sessions – Using our integration with nimbleAuthor, training is delivered to the community both as online eLearning and through our ‘in person’ courses. This helps minimise classroom time (and cost) and allows access to materials 24/7
- Provide back office support via email, telephone and online ticketing system – Our friendly, helpful team are always happy to help, whichever way you prefer to get in touch!
- Simple, clear, consolidated monthly invoicing – We now issue just one invoice a month per company, covering all training, with multiple payment methods available, all itemised to make it easy to identify and match purchases.
In addition to these promises, we also invested in our own dedicated training facility. This took the pressure off existing airport facilities, allowed us to scale with demand and provides a very comfortable & spacious area for candidates, enhancing the learning environment.
We also created combined medical courses for further convenience and we continue to work at enhancing the experience for those managing and attending this training.
If you’d like to let us know how we can do things better, we want to hear from you! Please email the team at [email protected] and we will do our very best to help you out.
Thank you to all of the Luton community who have been so supportive during this time, in particular Operations, NATS, Signature the Fire Service and of course our customers, it’s a pleasure working with you!