AIRDAT – provider of world leading airport safety & compliance systems and services is thrilled to announce its partnership with Tern Systems, a leading supplier of Air Traffic Management software solutions and the company behind the Orion Airside Driver simulator. The alliance aims to raise the standard and reduce the cost of Airside Driver and associated training, including Runway, Manoeuvring Area, Snow clearing and Airfield Familiarisation
As the aviation industry struggles to find its new normal after years of upheaval, the need for simple, efficient and intuitive staff training has never been more important. Recognising the need for a cohesive airside driver training programme, AIRDAT and Tern sought to integrate the Orion Driver simulator with AIRDAT Passport training system to offer a new assessment tool to manage and record airside training. The collaboration consolidates learner profiles, automates course administration, allows users 24/7 access and easily monetises usage.
“By integrating Passport, AIRDAT’s cloud-based, flexible training management and competency system with Tern System’s state-of-the-art Orion Simulator, we believe we’ve created a highly effective, innovative and streamlined approach to Airside Driver Training.” – Charles Cardwell, AIRDAT CEO & Founder
The Orion Simulator uses gaming engine software to create the highest quality simulation in a first-class VR training experience. and is designed for use on lightweight computers. By pairing this leading technology with AIRDAT’s Passport safety system, airports can create specific training modules based around known incident hot spots and safety issues.
This exciting new partnership:
- Seamlessly integrates the Orion driving simulator with AIRDAT’s Passport systems to improve airside driver training delivery and management.
- Offers a blended learning approach to airside driving combining eLearning, airside tours, practical tests and simulations for airport airside training programs.
- Improves safety and efficiency of driver training for high risk scenarios and reduces the need for training on live runways
- Can train an entire airport community in advance on changes to airport infrastructure and road layout changes
- Offers a multiuser mode to enable multiple users to train together in high risk scenarios to improve airside driver skills and reduce incidents risk
- Allows airports to manage training bookings, assets, trainers in one easy to use system.
- Provides a full training history on user profiles and streamlines competency checks, improving safety standards.
AIRDAT and Tern Systems believe this partnership can empower individuals, improve efficiency and ultimately contribute to a safer and more resilient aviation industry.
AIRDAT provides trusted, world leading airport systems, training & consultancy services to international and regional airports across the globe. AIRDAT systems and services improve airport safety and compliance standards, minimise incidents & streamline processes to reduce operational costs.
For enquiries contact [email protected]
About Tern Systems
Tern Systems is a provider of new-generation Air Traffic Management software solutions, backed by a team of experienced developers and industry experts. They design and build innovative solutions tailored to the specific needs of their ANSP partners. Their collaborative approach fosters knowledge-sharing and continuous evolution, resulting in cutting-edge products that advance the way Air Traffic Controllers, airport experts, and educators excel in their work.
Orion Driver is the most realistic airport driving simulator on the market today. This powerful tool allows training customised to your airport environment and diversifies training options with tangible and measurable reporting. Choosing a well-designed driving simulator made for airports and offloading unnecessary traffic from the runway means maximising training time, increasing business value, and reducing management costs.